The Value of a Mobile Loyalty Program
- The need to enhance the customer experience
- Dynamic trends in consumer payment options
- Trends in consumer behavior and expectations
In the weeks ahead, we’ll post more about these factors and trends. This week, let’s consider some of the industry research that drives the overall direction from a more traditional card-based program to a more mobile-centric solution.
Recently, Forrester highlighted three key benefits to when taking your loyalty program into the mobile channels:
- More access to your members. Most loyalty programs interact with members through purpose-driven activities such as enrollment, online profile completion, point-of-sale (POS) transactions, and reward redemption. But this approach has a limited line of sight into further opportunities for engagement. Enabling a mobile strategy literally puts the loyalty programs in members’ hands — wherever they are in the customer life cycle — and creates the potential for a wider range of customer interactions.
- Expanded member knowledge. Empowered consumers increasingly rely on mobile devices as companions to their interactions with a brand and generate behavioral, transactional, and location data. Since mobile channels are highly traceable, loyalty programs that collect that information can create deep customer insights that drive personalized communications, experiences, and offers.
- Context, timeliness, and relevance. The nature of mobile and the types of data that mobile makes available — such as time and place — mean that you have more control over how and when you interact with members. For example, a retailer might use geolocation data combined with preference and transaction history to recognize and remind a top-tier loyalty member that they have points to burn as they enter the store.
With smartphone adoption rates in North America now above 50 percent smart brands are beginning to tailor their loyalty campaigns accordingly.
So the question is: Are you still fighting for a share of the consumer’s wallet (or key ring) with a physical loyalty card or have you moved to get a share of a consumer’s smartphone home screen? I’d like to hear from you on how you are planning to incorporate mobile into your loyalty program
New Aloha Guest Manager Features
Text Paging – Allows a site to page a wait list guest to their phone directly from Guest Manager.
Party Attributes – Enhances the interface of the wait and reservation list to associate colors or graphics to easily identify important characteristics of a party such as “Incomplete Party” or “Call Ahead.”
Translation Editor – Tool to easily translate to other languages.
Assign Servers on the Fly – Assign servers to a table during the actual seating process.
NCR Makes Mobile Ordering Easy for Jamba Juice
PURE taqueria Makes Everyday Easier with NCR Guest Pad
With five locations in Atlanta, and extended wait times during peak hours, PURE taqueria replaced their manual ‘pen and paper’ wait list with NCR’s freeGuest Pad app and immediately saw positive results for their guests.